Saturday, February 7, 2009

Happy Anniversary HFG!

Today is the one-year anniversary of the birth of Hot Fictional Guys!  I can't believe it's been a whole year already.  It feels like it was yesterday when I was setting up this blog and doing the very first post.

Fun fact:  Before I came up with Hot Fictional Guys, I was going to call this blog "Drawn In" (as in drawn guys drawing you in). 

I'd like to take a little time to say thanks to three of the people who influenced this blog and helped me out:

Jay at Shirtless Superheroes:  His blog was a big influence on me deciding to do this blog (I've followed his blog for a long time).  He also was very likely the first person to link to HFG. 

Eric at Just Beautiful Men:  His blog was also a big influence on me.  The way pictures are laid out in the posts on HFG is very much inspired by the way the pictures are laid out on Just Beautiful Men.

Patrick Filion at Boytoons Magazine (link NSFW):  Not only did he put a link to my blog on his popular site, he even devoted a whole post to it.  For that, I'm eternally grateful.

Now, it's time to celebrate!

First up, per the recently closed poll, I will be uploading archives of all the images in certain posts.  For now, the archives will be zip files and there will be both rapidshare and mediafire links.  To keep the size down, the images will be the same resized ones I post here.  The picture posts today will be the first ones with the archives but some older posts might get them.

There will be a whopping three picture posts today, each one representing something different on HFG (anime/manga, comics, and video games). 

Finally, if you looked at the sidebar, you might have wondered about the "banner contest."  Well, all will be revealed late today!

Thanks to everyone out there who checks out this site whether it's on RSS, e-mail, or just by visiting everyday.  I really enjoy doing this blog and I hope year number two will be just as great as the first one!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your anniversary and thank you for the eyecandy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary, my friend!!!! Congrats on a full year of fantastic posting and Blogging!

    Hugz + kisses,
    Patrick XOXO

    ReplyDelete