Sunday, December 7, 2008

Yu-Gi-Oh

Yu-Gi-Oh is one of those kids anime properties (based on the manga by Kazuki Takahashi) you either love or hate.  I'll never forget seeing it for the first time and wondering what it was, especially because the hair is unlike anything in I've ever seen in anything animated.

I'm not a big fan of the various shows but I did appreciate the underlying story of the original (the Egyptian pharaoh's spirit inhabiting Yugi's millennium puzzle).  I also like the unusual and instantly recognizable art style. 

This post features artwork from the three anime series and the original manga.  The newest series, Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's, airs in the U.S. on The CW.

 
  
  
  
 

2 comments:

  1. same with you but im kinda a big fanof Yugioh when i was 10 years old until 13 and i still have my decks ^^ , the only thing that Yugioh is intresting because of the Pharaoh's lost memmories , it was the time when Bakura and Yugi was on Ancient Egypt and they must stop bakura before they kill Atem (the realname of the alter ego of Yugi which is called as "Yami Yugi") great post ^_^



    -Marik-kun

    ReplyDelete
  2. A yes.. Yami. I had such a huge crush on you but Chrno (Chrono Crusade) has stolen my heart.

    ReplyDelete