Friday, October 10, 2008

Fall 2008 Anime

One of my favorite blogs is an anime blog called Random Curiosity and one of the best features of the site is the seasonal anime preview.  Each season's preview features a listing of most of the notable shows (no kids stuff) along with a brief synopsis and the likelihood of someone on the site blogging it.

Given that I post a lot of anime guys here, I figured that it would be interesting to do a similar post spotlighting new anime that may end up being fodder for future posts.

First up, I'm going to talk about the shows that have already been featured on HFG in some way.

The Guys From The Tales Series posts so far have featured some artwork from Tales From The Abyss, which now has an anime adaptation.  Here's the opening for the anime series:



The second season of Gundam 00 has started and it was recently featured on HFG.  Check out the new season's opening below:




The new season of Vampire Knight, called Vampire Knight:  Guilty has also started airing.  It hasn't been featured here in a while so look for a new post about it in the next couple of weeks.  In the meantime, here's the opening:



The second season of Junjou Romantica also starts airing this fall. The first episode of the new season hasn't aired yet so there's no opening I can post yet. However, like Vampire Knight, a new post with artwork from this show and manga will be posted soon. Here's a short promo:



Now, on to the really new stuff:

Hakushaku no Yousei is a shoujo series featuring at least a couple of guys around a female main chracter. Considering that similar-looking shows like Neo Angelique and La Corda d'Oro have both been featured here, it's likely I might post about it sometime. The opening is below:



The first definite post of the new stuff is Kuroshitsuji. The title character, pretty much the ultimate butler, is quite attractive. I've got to compile enough artwork for a post but believe me, one is coming as soon as I do. The opening to this series is below:



Skip Beat is a very popular shoujo manga that has finally become an anime. It's about a girl who works her butt off to help her childhood friend, a rising music star. After he talks badly about her, she dedicates herself to getting revenge by becoming a star herself. It looks like it could be a good show but I'm not sure if I'll feature it here. We'll see once I find enough art. The opening is below:



I like the character designs for the show Tytania but I don't know if the show itself will be any good. I've included the ending to the show below because it shows off the guys better than the opening. I find the opening of the show to be unintentionally funny.



The last show of this preview is To Aru Majutsu no Index. This is not a show I would necessarily feature at all mainly because shows like this usually have a fairly nondescript-looking main male character. However, for some reason, the main guy on this show is appealing to me. Maybe it's the really interesting hair. The opening is below:



That's it for this post about Fall 2008's anime. There certainly are some interesting guys for future posts. If people like this post, I'll do a similar one for Winter 2009's anime.

No comments:

Post a Comment