Friday, March 21, 2008

Superstar: As Seen On TV!

I've begun delving into my comic collection in search of stuff to post here and I found something you don't really see around.

It's a oneshot entitled Superstar: As Seen On TV! and it features pencils by current Ultimate Spider-Man artist Stuart Immonen.



Written by Kurt Busiek, it tells the story of Superstar (aka Cody Burgess), a superhero who truly depends on his fans. You see, he has no innate superpowers. His only “power” is the ability to become superhero-like using energy absorbed from people. Without people donating their energy to him, he's no stronger than an ordinary man.

I liked this comic and I think it could've been really interesting as a full graphic novel or miniseries. As a oneshot, it just scratches the surface.

Unlike most of the comics posts, these are scans I actually did myself...which is why they kind of suck.

Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy these full scans and crops I made of the main character, who I think is kind of hot.





No comments:

Post a Comment