Sunday, February 10, 2008

Artist Spotlight: Noboru Takatsuki

One of my absolute favorite artists is Noboru Takatsuki. I've been following this person's artwork for years now, which is saying something.

Noboru Takatsuki is best known as the artist behind several yaoi games for Vivid Color (link NSFW) including Silver Chaos and its sequel.





She (at least I think this person is a she) has done illustrations for several yaoi novels and drama CDs.



In addition, Takatsuki has done one manga called Renai Shinen (aka Love Is Hard) which is being scanlated by Hochuuami. It has not yet been licensed for release in the U.S.



I have a lot more artwork by this artist, so I may do another post in the future.

In the meantime, here are two semi-rare pieces of artwork from this artist.




Noboru Takatsuki's homepage

4 comments:

  1. first time seeing an anime character with actual nipples

    ReplyDelete
  2. so hot...but no Noboru Takatsuki is not a women he's a man lol you don't see many male yaoi mangaka but noborru is one of the few

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always assumed Noboru Takatsuki was male but in trying to find that out, I found conflicting information. Yaoi manga creators often use pen names so it's hard to tell who, if any, are male. I've heard rumors that Hirotaka Kisaragi is male but I've also heard that the artist is really female.

    Ultimately, what I like about Noboru's artwork is how it occupies a middle ground between super skinny bishonen and ultra-muscular bara. That might be proof more than anything that he's male.

    ReplyDelete